Thursday, April 24, 2014

Exultation!



My week just keeps getting better and better.  Will and I gained approval around 11 AM to move into our new apartment home on May 1 resulting in an immediate rush of exultation that propelled the day into fabulousness.  I made the appropriate arrangements for the transfer of utilities and services so that the power would be on before we moved in and the Internet would be connected so we will only be off line about 12 hours.  This does mean that there will be no post next Thursday, however the sacrifice will be very well worth it on my part.  

I have been using a decrepit old TV stand as a bookcase that I refuse to move into our new place, therefore I replaced it with an inexpensive ready to assemble 3 shelf unit from Wally World.  It assembled easily and looks so much better.  It will make a nice accent piece for the new place (see photo below).  I put the old stand out by the dumpster and in less than an hour, someone with more need of it than I picked it up and took it home.  
 


My day continued exuberantly even after I went to work.  I was in such a great mood, I enjoyed my customers and working with my friend and favorite coworker.  While I was at work, my customer/friend who manufactures dentures delivered my new bottom plate that is actually a work of perfection.  My friend only charged me for the materials required to make the plate and not for his time which made the cost of the new denture plate a paltry $50.  I could not get the same thing anywhere else for anywhere near the price that he charged me.  So now I am finally able to eat, smile chew, even crunch ice again with nary a problem.  After so many years of enduring a broken plate, it is indeed a pleasure to be able to use my mouth without a problem.  Of course I can still remove my teeth when the activity in which I am participating is served more advantageously than it would be with my teeth inserted.  I think you can figure that one out on your own without me supplying any details as to what I mean.  

After work, I surprised Will with dinner from this little taqueria in a trailer that my favorite coworker had turned me onto.  I got him a chicken taco and a chicken quesadilla and I got me a chicken quesadilla and a taco made from carnitas (shredded pork).  I also purchased a quantity of their uniquely flavorful, very spicy and delicious salsa verde which is simply to die for.  Do not indulge yourself unless you are prepared for it to make you sweat while being inundated with unmitigated delisciousness.  The name of the place is El Tacorienda Taqueria (loosely translated as 'the tacos your way' taqueria) where every thing is authentically made to order.  The total cost of our immensely satisfying little feast was only $11, a price that is hard to beat for both quality and quantity of our repast.  The taqueria in a trailer is located in the back parking lot of a Shell Station on the corner of Lackland Road and Camp Bowie Boulevard in West Fort Worth.  If you are in town and want inexpensive authentic Comida Mexicano (Mexican Food), then that is the place to go.

I hope my trend of exuberant excellence continues for a while, I like being happy as fuck, sure beats the alternative.  Moving on now to the Music and the Men, your Musical Moment for today features the Music of Johannes Brahms.  In this 1958 recording, thirty year old American pianist Leon Fleisher performs the Brahms' Piano Concerto Number 1, Op. 15 with George Szell leading the Cleveland Orchestra.  You may also hear Brahms Double Concerto for Violin, Cello and Orchestra featuring Isaac Stern on Violin and Leonard Rose on Cello with Eugen Ormandy and the Philadelphia Orchestra over on my tumblr.

Your man art of the day is a set of twinks, tuwnks, hunks and hotties draped in denim in this week's edition of Men In Jeans.  Additional inspiration can be found in the Hottie of the Day! over on my tumblr.  Thanks for the visit, see you again soon.  Until next time as always, Enjoy! 

































Posted by Picasa

No comments: