Thursday, March 22, 2012

Humor, Romance, Fanfares and Harmonic Inspiration



I have something in a little bit different genre for you guys today as well as some of my usual stuff just to mix things up somewhat.  The first video I have for you today I saw on Towleroad yesterday and laughed my ass off so I thought you guys could stand a good laugh too.  Probably Gay: The Homophobia Song is written and directed by Katie Goodman and Soren Kisiel and featuring performers, left to right, Erin Roberg, Katie Goodman, and Maggie Garver.



This second video is one I saw a couple of weeks ago and was just waiting until I was in the right mood to post it.  It is Adele's Someone Like You, The Brokeback Mountain edition.  Brokeback Mountain being one of my favorite movies which I have watched more times than I can count and I just love Adele, so the two together is pretty fucking cool.



For the third video of the day I revert back to the classical genre, however not just my typical video presentation.  This video features 5 Baroque Sonatas and Fanfares for  Trumpet and Trombone from a classic recording by the London Brass.  The first piece is the Canzona for 8 Trombones and Continue by Tiburtio Massaino followed by three pieces by Daniel Speer, the Sonata for Trumpet, Three Trombones and Continuo, the Fanfare for Three Trumpets, Three Tombones and Timpani, and Sonata Number Two for Three Trombones and Continuo.  The final piece in this video is the Bicnium Number 71 for Two Trumpets and Continuo by Johann Pezel.



The final video of the day is a piece originally written as part of a twelve concerto set, Harmonic Inspiration,  published by Antonio Vivaldi in 1711.  The presentation today is the transcription by Johann Sebastian Bach for Four Harpsichords from a 1962 Telefunken recording performed by the Leonhardt-Consort: Gustav Leonhardt (1928-2012), Anneke Uittenbosch, Eduard Müller, Janny van Wering, Herbert Tachezi (harpsichords); Frans Brüggen, Jeanette van Wingerden (recorders); Marie Leonhardt, Antoinette van den Hombergh, Walter Pfeiffer, Peter Schoberwalter (violins); Josef de Sordi, Wim ten Have (violas); Dijck Koster (cello); Lodewijk de Boer (viola); Fred Nijenhuis, Eduard Hruza, Anthony Woodrow (bass).



Then last but certainly not least is this weeks edition of Men In Jeans sure to put a rise in your Levi's.  Thanks for the visit, see you again tomorrow.  Until next time as always, Enjoy!






























Posted by Picasa

No comments: