Monday, February 27, 2012

Beautiful, Temporal Distortion, Tchaikovsky and Ravel



I did not get off work until 8:30 today, so I am running a tad bit behind.  Good thing I did my prep work last night before going in or I would really be humping to catch up.  My schedule is going to be erratically heavy for the next little while as one day girl has gall stones and the other was hospitalized over the weekend with a lump on her brain.   So the boss is rearranging things to cover all the bases.  This does mean a healthier pay check for a while which is a big plus in my book.   At any rate, I have lots of video for you today.   In addition to the play list, I have a couple of videos that I am sure will interest you.  The first is 'Beautiful', a video that is part memorial, part it gets better and part in support of the Trevor Project by film maker Craig Fields.   The second video is 'Temporal Distortion' from film maker Randy Halverson with an original score by Bear McCready that takes you on  a really cool trip around the sky to some excellent music.  This video is 'beautiful' also but not in the same vein as the first video.  Then comes the play list which is a treat in itself as it features an up and coming young musician with some real talent.  The play list includes the Meditation in D Minor, the Scherzo in C Minor, and the Melody in E Flat Major from Souvenir d'un lieu cher by Peter Ilyich Tchaikovsky and Tzigane by Maurice Ravel performed by 17 year old American Violinist Chad Hoopes. Chad is studying under Joel Smirnoff at the Cleveland Institute of Music.  Chad was awarded first prize at the Junior Competition of the 2008 Yehudi Menuhin International Violin Competition when he was just 13.  Then after all this video we have this week's edition of merry men in their Monday's Undies for you to scroll through and drool over.  Thanks for the visit, see you again tomorrow.  Until next time as always, Enjoy!

No comments: